Sunday, January 4, 2009

September Fun!

My good friend from Stockton, Liz, reminded me yesterday that I'm long overdue for adding new posts, so Liz, these are for you! :)

We had a busy September! Over Labor Day weekend, the boys and I took a drive up to Idaho to visit my two brothers and their families. The cousins are always excited to get together and this trip was no exception! The weather was pretty nice, so the boys played in Bryce and Stacey's pool a few times and one day we took them all to the zoo. The komodo dragon and giraffe slide were the big hits! Josh and Ty are looking forward to our next trip out there and although our road trip was fun and the boys were great, Ty keeps telling me that the next time we go out, we "really should fly Mom...on a boy plane" (meaning Delta, because it's blue). :)
A little later in September, Grandma and Grandpa Toronto met us at Josh's Elementary school to cheer him and his friends on as they ran laps to raise money for the school's reading program. Josh did a great job and Ty really wanted to be out there with him, so after the race was over, I set up a mini race with Ty and Grandpa so he could feel like he was involved. Tyler barely won...in Dad's defense though, he IS almost 60! ;-) I only got video of that one, but here are a couple of Josh and his friends stretching and getting ready to race!
At the end of September, I booked a weekend at our condo in Park City. We hung out in the condo watching movies and playing games on Friday night and on Saturday morning, DJ took the boys fishing while my team from work came up for a day retreat. The retreat was great...we made breakfast, had a session on stress and time management and then went up to the Park City Mountain Resort and rode the Alpine Slide and Alpine Coaster. It was so much fun that I wanted to take the boys up too, so we did! Here are some pics of Josh and Ty at the resort and on the way up the Alpine Coaster (it's much faster than it looks as you're watching!).

No comments: